When it comes to baking, some days my schedule dictates that I employ the KISS method… as in Keep It Simple Sweetie. This Simple Shamrock Brownies recipe is perfect for days such as these.
I usually keep the basics in my pantry anyway, so these can be whipped up easily!
- Box of brownie mix
- Container of white whipped icing
- Shamrock shaped cookie cutter
- Green food coloring
- Large bowl
- Starburst icing tip (optional)
- Preheat the brownies to the temperature on the box.
- Prepare and cook the brownies as directed.
- Remove brownies from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place a container of whipped white icing in a large bowl and add green food coloring to it. We used about 20 drops to get this color. Be sure to mix the food coloring in well with a spatula.
- Once the brownies have cooled, press down the shamrock shaped cookie cutter firmly into the brownies, starting from the upper left corner of the pan. Slowly lift up and the brownie should come out with it.
- Gently place the cookie cutter with the brownie in it on a plate and push down a small section of brownie at a time until it is free of the cookie cutter. Continue these steps until you have cut out shamrocks from all the available space.
- Ice the shamrock shaped brownies. We used a starburst icing decorator tip, but you can use a knife or spatula as well.
With any luck from the leprechaun’s, I may even get to eat one myself before the family devours them!