***Giveaway ended. Winner notified by email.***
Charlie Brown specials are to holidays as chocolate chips are to cookies… they just belong together. Always have, and always will. I love Charlie Brown. Of course, since Chuck is in love with That Little Red Haired Girl (LRHG), I am out of luck, right? No matter, I am content to watch my little dapper dude on screen and just got A Charlie Brown Valentine on DVD.
You will be smitten with A Charlie Brown Valentine, the latest Peanuts primetime television special just released from Warner Home Video (WHV). A Charlie Brown Valentine arrived in retail outlets on December 28, 2010, just in time for the Valentine’s Day holiday. The DVD features a bonus special titled Someday You’ll Find Her, Charlie Brown and retails for $14.97 MSRP.
Love is in the air as Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang make plans to celebrate the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday. It’s the most romantic time of the year and everyone has big hopes of having their dreams of love and friendship fulfilled. Charlie Brown once again finds himself wishing he had the courage to ask the Little Red-Haired Girl to the dance. While he pines away for her, Peppermint Patty and Marcie do their best to woo him.
Unrequited love abounds with the Peanuts gang. Lucy demands kisses and chocolates from Schroeder to no avail. Sally is intent on making Linus her sweet baboo. Snoopy has taken to writing bad poetry on his typewriter. Charlie Brown and his pals may be unlucky in love but they are fortunate in friendship in this heartfelt holiday treat.
DVD Special Features Include:
Someday You’ll Find Her, Charlie Brown – Charlie Brown is in love – again! He enlists Linus’ help to find a pretty girl he spotted in the crowd at a football game.
As Hubs and I sat to watch A Charlie Brown Valentine, we joked about that LHRG. I had NEVER actually seen an episode of Charlie Brown in which she appeared. Sure, I had heard plenty about her from the lovesick Chuck, but somehow had never caught the LRHG on screen. Did you know that the LRHG was first mentioned by Charlie Brown in 1961 when he said he would like to eat lunch with her, as he fell in love in the school lunch room? But, it wasn’t until 1977 that she made her on screen debut, and Charlie Brown was selected to the dance after the football game? Hmmm.
Anyway, back to the DVD. Hubs and I popped the DVD in to watch, and I chuckled time after time. Chuck lamented that he could never talk to that LRHG because she had a pretty face, which makes him nervous, after which Lucy demanded to know why she didn’t make him nervous… she had a pretty face, didn’t she? Didn’t she? A Charlie Brown Valentine has several unforgettable lines, and one of my favorites is… “I’ll tell that Little Red-Haired Girl that I love her. Then I’ll give her a big hug. Then I’ll go bungee-jumping from the moon.” Bungee-jumping from the moon. Now there’s an idea! And for the first time ever, I actually SAW the LRHG.
Sister and I discussed it, and I think Hubs new nickname should be “My Sweet Baboo.” He wasn’t too thrilled with the idea.
In the special feature, Someday You’ll Find Her, Charlie Brown , Chuck falls in love again… with someone OTHER than that LRHG. I must confess, I am rather fond of the LRHG, so I wasn’t looking forward to Chuck hooking up with anyone else. But, the story has a super cute ending. While these are not the original animations from the 1660’s and ‘70’s, I am really glad we added this one to our collection!
Buy it…You can purchase A Charlie Brown Valentine at retailers nationwide and on Amazon.com
Win it… Warner Home Video would like to give one lucky TBC reader a DVD of their own.
Mandatory entry… Tell me who your favorite Peanuts character is.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- +1- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- +1- Like me on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- +1- Follow me on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “#win A Charlie Brown Valentine http://goo.gl/CGiHD via @ladyvdzine (01/24) #giveaway ”
- +1– Like Warner Bros Entertainment on Facebook and comment back with your screen name.
- +1- Follow Warner Bros Entertainment on Twitter and comment back with your profile name.
- +1- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- +1- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to StumbleUpon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- +5- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to US addresses.. Contest ends at 11:59 a.m. CST on 01/24/2011. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
I received the aforementioned complimentary product(s) to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions express are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.