When I was a kid, my Mom used to make the BEST taco salad. While I don’t remember exactly how she used to make it, I thought I would try my hand at making an easy taco salad.
- What I used
- 1 pound ground meat (I used venison, but ground beef or ground turkey would work just as well)
- 1 bag nacho cheese chips (I used Aldi brand)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 bag spring mixed greens (I used Aldi brand)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- Light Sour Cream (I used Aldi brand)
- Brown the ground meat and prepare it according to the taco seasoning mix instructions.
- Crush half the bag of nacho cheese chips, set other half aside for later use.
- Cut spring green mix into bite size pieces.
- Layer the nacho cheese chips and spring green mix in the bowl, first the chips, then the greens and repeated.
- Add browned ground meat.
- Add two cups shredded cheddar.
- By that point, the ground meat was done.
- Toss and serve it with light sour cream on the side.
My husband LOVED it. Of course, all the kids wanted to eat was the sour cream, so they had blueberries and bananas for dinner.
Next time, I will use the whole packet of seasoning mix, as I don’t think it would be too overpowering mixed in with all of the other ingredients.
Other things you could add in include tomatoes, olives, and black beans.
What’s your favorite taco salad recipe?