As you all know, I have lost sixty some odd pounds. In the process of losing weight, I have discovered that one of the things that is absolutely essential to curbing cravings throughout the day is a protein packed breakfast.
Short of drinking a protein shake every morning (which some mornings I do, just to save time and energy), I’ve had to come up with some creative ways to protein load my breakfast. One of my current favorites is a protein packed scramble. I keep veggies cut up in the fridge, which makes this delicious breakfast a snap to make.
This protein packed scramble is the perfect way to start your day.
***Also excellent with a slice of American Cheese or with other vegetable mix-ins. I really enjoy sauteed mushrooms and onions, as well.***
- 3/4 cup Fat Free Egg Beaters
- 1/8 cup onion slices (I used Vidalia)
- 1/8 cup broccoli florettes
- 1/8 cup bell pepper slices
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray saute pan with non-stick cooking spray and add vegetables over medium heat.
- Saute vegetables until onions are slightly tender.
- Add Fat Free Egg Beaters and cook through.
Calories 115 Fat 0.2g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 383.7mg Carbohydrates 8.4g Fiber 1.7g Sugars 6.1g Protein 19.3g
What is your favorite protein packed breakfast recipe?