With our recent effort to eat a healthier diet, I’ve been preparing more fish than ever. It is such an excellent source of lean protein. My family gets a little bored with fish, though, so I have to be creative. I recently purchased some Swai fillets to try out (yah, I had never heard of Swai fish, let alone prepared it). When I brought them home, Hubs was like, “What are you going to do with those?” and gave me the look that says, “Make it good, or never make it again.”
I grabbed the coconut oil, my favorite fish seasoning, some pecans, some sesame seeds, and a bottle of basil Herb Crystals.
When it came out of the oven, I served it with a fresh baby spring greens salad. The result was this delectable dish that Hubs AND the kids said, “You can make that again!” Next time I’ll have to make a fourth fillet, because everyone was disappointed that there were no “second.” Oh my yum! I thought I’d share the recipe, so you can make it, too.
- Three Swai fillets (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- your favorite fish seasoning
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Basil Herb Crystals
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease baking dish with coconut oil
- Placed thawed fillets in dish
- Sprinkle fillets liberally with 1/2 cup of crushed pecans
- Sprinkle fillets with 1-2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Sprinkle fillets with Basil Herb Crystals
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes, until fillets flake easily with fork
- Garnish with a pinch of Basil Herb Crystals per fillet if desired
Have you ever prepared Swai before? Or used Herb Crystals?
***I received Herb Crystals to facilitate a review. Recipe creation and opinions are my own.***