***Giveaway ended. Winner notified by email.***
I was recently asked to review the new Oreck Edge vacuum. I have heard many times, in the past, that Oreck has outstanding value and that their products last forever. Because Sister has asthma and environmental allergies, when I saw that the HEPA filtration system on the new Edge traps up to 99.9 percent of dust and allergens, down to 0.3 microns, I immediately accepted the offer.
About the Oreck Edge…
The new Oreck Edge™upright vacuum cleaner, the latest from the Oreck family of vacuums, is more powerful than any other Oreck upright ever made – with more suction and greater pick-up. It is also the quietest Oreck vac ever. Weighing in at just 13 pounds, the Oreck Edge upright features a thirty foot power cord, variable speed controls, Versa-Glide “floating” head, HEPA filtration, and an on-board “quick-wand.” The Saniseal® hypo-allergenic disposable inner vacuum bag, part of the allergen filtration system, seals the bag shut, locking in dirt, dust and allergens.
It comes with a separate handheld vac which has a variety of attachments which can be used to clean including a shoulder strap so that it can be carried easily. The hand vac weighs 8 pounds and also features variable speed control.
The Oreck Edge™ mobile comes in an AC plug-in version or a DC lithium battery-powered unit with 12-15 minute run time. The Oreck Edge™ Power Team vacuum system carries a 10-year warranty and comes with 10 free annual tune-ups at any of 450 Oreck Clean Home Centers coast to coast for maximum performance or if the dog chewed on the cord or a sock got vacuumed up by mistake.
Hubs was out of the country when the Oreck Edge arrived.
Not wanting to wait for him to come home to use it, I set about to assemble it myself.
First I unboxed the handheld canister and attachments.
Getting to the bag is quite easy. Simply unlatch the sides, and lift.
The hepa filter was a bit snug, but is easily removed and replaced.
After attaching the shoulder strap, I moved on to the upright.
The upright comes partially assembled.
The handle has to be attached to the base.
Which is easy enough, if you follow the instructions. To attach the handle, you have to lay the vacuum on its back with the handle facing up. Remove the two lower screws from the handle bar, and set aside (preferably out of reach of curious toddlers). Then, use your foot to push the deck of the vacuum down to expose the screw holes. Insert the top handle piece into the handle base, making certain that the screw-holes are facing up. I had to jiggle the cord around a bit to get it to go in correctly. Once the handle pieces are connected correctly, you simply insert the screws into the lower two screw-holes and tighten.
The hose for the “quick-wand” has to be attached as well. Again, easy. Simply line up the notch on the hose with the tab on the inside of the opening, and insert the hose, then rotate clockwise to secure.
The Versa-Glide floating head design makes the upright incredibly easy to navigate. Mister thought he should take it for a spin.
And the packing box provides entertainment for Sister.
What I like…
- The Oreck Edge upright and handheld were easy to assemble, and I had them powered up in record time.
- The upright is self propelled, so it is incredibly easy to navigate and vacuum with. It is easier to push than some lighter vacuums I have used.
- I have used the upright several times, on the carpet and on the linoleum, and am impressed with the suction on this thing. It certainly gets the job done.
- The vacuum is relatively quiet when running.
- I love the fact that it practically flattens out, so that you can easily vacuum under things (i.e. coffee tables, etc) without having to move them.
- The HEPA filtration on the system is top notch.
What I would change…
- I would relocate the on/off switch of the upright, because I have turned it off a few times by accident.
- I’m not really a fan of the fact that you have to step on the base of the upright to unlock it to propel it. A quick release latch that could be flipped with the foot would be a nice modification.
- I would make it even quieter, because when adjusting the variable speed on the upright, it sounds like the jets of an airplane when they are preparing for takeoff.
- I would reduce size on the handheld, as it is bulkier and heavier than any handheld I have used previously.
Buy it… The Oreck Edge™ Power Team upright is $799 and comes with the Oreck new AC mobile vacuum cleaner with tools for above floor cleaning. The Oreck Edge upright with DC mobile is $899. This is one vacuum that nearly every woman I know would love to receive for Christmas!
Win it… Oreck would like to give one lucky Lady V dZine reader a vacuum of their own.
Mandatory entry… Simply follow me on Google Friend Connect AND visit Oreck and comment back here with another Oreck product you like or something you learned.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- +1- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by e-mail and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with.
- +1- Subscribe to Lady V dZine in a Reader and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with.
- +2- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (initial follow/tweet worth 2 bonus entries-additional tweets worth 1 entry each-may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “#win an @oreck Edge Vacuum http://goo.gl/Q7smB via @ladyvdzine (01/10/11) #lastminutegift #giveaway #fb #sweeps”
- +1- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back with your profile name.
- +1- Like this post on Facebook and comment back with your profile name (may use like button at top of post)
- +1- Follow Oreck on Twitter and comment back with your user name.
- +1- Like Oreck on Facebook to take advantage of special savings offers.
- +1- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- +1- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to StumbleUpon, DIGG, Technoratie, or other social site. Comment back with a link to your share (unlimited)
- *may use the button in the bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on and comment back to this post with either the post title or link to post (unlimited).
- +5- Blog this contest using the contest button (below) with a live link back to this post and to http://www.oreck.com/ and then leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
- +5- Place contest button (below) in your side bar with a live link back to this post. Button must remain in sidebar for duration of contest for entries to count—leave 5 comments with link to where the button may be found.
The fine print…
By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my Contest Rules statements and agree to them.
Contest open to US. Winner must provide street address and phone number for shipping. Contest ends at 11:59 a.m. CST on 01/10/2011. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
I received the aforementioned complimentary product(s) to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions express are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.