***and the winner is… The Halton Mom***
Mr. Potato Head is an American toy icon. He has been around for what feels like forever. He was invented in 1949 by George Lerner, and Hasbro began manufacturing and distributing the spud in 1952. The original toy did not come with a potato body, it was a kit of hands, feet, ears, two mouths, two pairs of eyes, four noses, three hats, eyeglasses, a pipe, and 8 felt pieces which were supposed to be facial hair. Mr. Potato Head has come a long way in the last 58 years. Light-years, to be exact. The humble toy was launched into outer space with Toy Story 3, when Hasbro introduced Spud Lightyear and Woody’s Tater Round Up.
Get ready for out-of-this world fun with a wild and wacky astro-tot! Your SPUD LIGHTYEAR figure has all of the accessories he needs to look just like spaceman character from the Toy Story 3 movie — and it’s up to you to take the accessories and give him a crazy new look. His “jetpack” where his “ear” should be? A set of “teeth” instead of a “nose”? The kookier the look, the better for this high-“frying” hero!
Potato body comes with one pair of eyes, one nose, one set of teeth, two arms, one chest piece, one visor, one jetpack, one back plate and one pair of shoes accessories.
Ages 2 and up.
Get ready for some “wild west” fun with this wild and wacky tater tot cowpoke! Your MR. POTATO HEAD figure has everything he needs to look like the Woody character from the Toy Story 3 movie — and it’s up to you to take the accessories and give him a crazy new look. His “cowboy hat” where his “ear” should be? A set of “teeth” instead of a “nose”? The kookier the look, the better hero!
Potato body comes with one pair of eyes, one nose, one set of teeth, two arms, two ears, one cowboy hat, one vest, one belt and one pair of cowboy boots accessories.
Ages 2 and up.
I remember well the hours of kooky fun I had as a kid mixing up all of Mr. Potato Heads pieces. My kids first discovered Mr. Potato Head at the pediatrician’s office. Mister thought it was fun to put Tato’s nose where his arms are supposed to go. So, when I received an opportunity to review Spud Lightyear and Woody’s Tater Round Up, I knew that the kids would LOVE them.
I was right.
As soon as Mister saw me open the box, he shouted, “Tato, Tato!” He enjoyed showing Sister how to pull the pieces off and put them in the wrong spot. While the toys are recommended for ages 2 and up, with supervised play, Sister enjoyed them as well. Mister has a little bit of trouble getting the visor or Spud Lightyear to stay in place, and has to have help putting on Woody’s jacket. Otherwise, my two spuds can enjoy hours of fun playing with the plastic spuds.
Win it… Playskool would like to give one lucky Lady V dZine reader their own Spud Lightyear.
Mandatory Entry… Visit Playskool and tell me another product you would love to have.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- 1 entry- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- 1 entry- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- 1 entry- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- 1 entry- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “Enter to #win Spud Lightyear @ladyvdzine http://bit.ly/bMhu93 (9/28)”
- 1 entry- Like Mr Potato Head on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- 1 entry- Like Playskool on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- 1 entry- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- 1 entry- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to Stumble Upon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- 1 entry- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- 5 entries- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to the US. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 09/28/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
The marketing team for Mr Potato Head Toy Story 3 toys provided me with a complimentary Spud Lightyear and Woody’s Tater Round Up to facilitate my honest review. No other compensation was received. Opinions expressed are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.