What do you do when you have an abundance of carrots? You think of creative ways to use them all, right? I recently made homemade carrot butter, and the recipe is one I just have to share with you. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as we are. What is carrot butter, you may ask? It is similar to apple butter, and oh so yum!
- 2 pounds fresh carrots
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup La Choy Chow Mein Noodles- ground
- Peel fresh carrots and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Places carrots in 2 quart saucepan with enough water to cover carrots (add salt if desired), cover and place on medium to medium-high heat.
- Cook carrots until fork tender.
- While carrots are cooking, grind ¾ cup La Choy Chow Mein Noodles or favorite mild flavored nut (macadamia, almond, etc) to desired consistency.
- Transfer carrots to food processor and puree.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 cups carrot puree with brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and spices using hand mixer. Add ground La Choy Chow Mein Noodles and continue mixing until well blended.
- Serve on toast, pancakes, or other treats and watch everyone smile as they eat their vegetables!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- If you know how to can foods, this one would be good year round!
I enjoyed some on graham crackers last night. OMY! As in, Oh My Yum!