I love gingerbread cookies, but cannot make them to save my life. The few times that I have tried to make gingerbread cookies, they have turned out harder than brick bats and were inedible. So, when I learned about Gingerista, I just had to give them a try!
Gingerista was founded by two new moms, Chandra McLaughlin and Jessica Jones, who traded the corporate world for the kitchen and bring cookie-lovers everywhere an update on an American classic: the gingerbread cookie. Their hand-frosted, homemade gingerbread confections are baked from scratch and artfully decorated by the Gingeristas themselves. What is a Gingerista, you ask. Well, a coffee specialist is known as a “barista”, and a style expert as a “fashionista,” sowhich makes a Gingerista a connoisseur of delectably soft molasses confections.
Gingerista cookies are made from a family recipe that has been passed down for over fifty years, and each cookie is hand-decorated. The signature gingerbread man, Harry, and woman, Harriet, are about five inches tall, and the “kiddos” are half that. The custom Gingerista family also includes cats, dogs, and fish.
We received the Gingerista Family as pictured above for review. I did manage to snap two pictures of the cookies with my cell phone before they disappeared. Unfortunately, I then dropped my cell phone in water and was unable to retrieve ANYthing off of it. Trust me, though, they look just like the picture here, and they are pretty tasty. In fact, the only thing I would have changed about my Gingerista experience is that I would have had more cookies, and I would have preferred that they come with an ingredient list/allergen statement. The ingredient list/allergen statement is available on the Gingerista site, but I would have preferred it in or on the box.
The Gingerista Harry and Harriet are $3.50 each, and the kiddos are $2 each, and the pets are $1.25 each and you can order as many as you want. Gingerista cookies are shelf stable in their packaging for up to one month (although they have a funny habit of disappearing quickly) and can be frozen for up to a year.
The Gingerista cookies would make a great gift or party favor.
Buy it… Shop Gingerista at http://shop.gingerista.com/
Win it… Gingerista would like to give two lucky Lady V dZine readers an assortment of Gingerista cookies. Each winner will receive a Large Fall Sampler Box including(Harry, Harriet, Boy & Girl kiddo (2 of each), 2 of each pet, 2 choc pumpkins) in an assortment of colors
Mandatory entry… Simply visit http://www.gingerista.com/ and comment back with one thing you learned.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- +1- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- +1- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- +1- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- +2- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “#win cookies from @Gingerista http://goo.gl/IFglK via @ladyvdzine (12/22) #Christmas #giveaway #fb #food”
- +1- Like Gingerista on Facebook and comment back with your user name.
- +1- Follow Gingerista on Twitter and comment back with your user name.
- +1- Suggest another pet for the Gingerista family.
- +1- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- +1- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to StumbleUpon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- +5- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to US addresses. Winner must provide street address and phone number for shipping. Contest ends at 11:59 a.m. CST on 12/22/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
I received the aforementioned complimentary product(s) to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions express are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.