Years ago, I had a George Foreman grill and absolutely loved it. I cooked chicken breasts on that thing all the time. Sadly, in one of my moves, the grill broke. And at the time, I was broke, so, I was unable to replace it. And as the old saying goes… life happens.
When I looked at the specs for the grill, I just had to have it!
With a large variety of meal options for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack times in between, the George Foreman Evolve™ Grill paves a time-saving and healthy path to eating right without sacrificing good taste. What makes this grill different is the option to add plates and customize the grill based on individual preferences. Now it’s easier than ever to create healthy, delicious meals with one versatile appliance.
Get the grill that lets you have an entire kitchen of versatility in just one compact appliance! The Evolve™ Grill • Bake • Muffin starts with 4 plates – 2 grill plates, 1 deep-dish bake pan and 1 cupcake & muffin pan insert – then lets you build your collection with up to 7 additional plates available. It’s the perfect grill for anyone looking to expand their healthy cooking menu without cluttering counters with a lot of extra appliances.
- 4-plate starter set includes 2 grill plates, 1 deep-dish bake pan and 1 cupcake & muffin pan insert
- Patented sloped design lets fat and unwanted grease drain away as you cook
- Adjustable angle hanges the cooking surface from flat for even cooking to our patented slope for healthier grilling
- George Tough™ nonstick coating allows you to cook oil-free, plus minimizes cleanup
- Digital time & temperature control lets you easily set and monitor cooking for precise results on a variety of foods
- Extra-high floating hinge adjusts automatically to the thickness of food to perfectly press thick cuts of meat and stuffed Panini
- Embedded heating elements provide even heat from the center to the sides of the plate and faster temperature recovery
- Custom drip tray catches fat and grease as you cook, then empties easily for fast cleanup
- Custom spatula offers easy serving without scratching the nonstick surface
- Dishwasher-safe removable plates & accessories make cleanup a breeze
The grill I received came with one traditional grill plate, one cross hatch grill plate, a deep dish pan, a slider insert with the removable metal handle, and a drip tray. While I had really looked forward to being able to bake muffins without turning the oven on, I was just as excited about being able to make sliders.
So, I whipped together my meatloaf burger recipe. Since my grill spatula was inadvertently left out of my box, I substituted ground turkey, so it would be less mess.
- 1 pound lean ground meat (beef, turkey, venison)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soft oatmeal
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 packet dried onion soup mix
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped small
Preheat grill. Combine ingredients. Place approximately 2 ounces of mixture into each opening of the slider insert. Cook for 4 minutes, according to directions in product manual (which is also available in pdf format, should you happen to need it)
Now, here is where I have to tell on myself. The first set of meatloaf sliders were overcooked. And it was ENTIRELY my fault. I set the time according the manual instructions, and grabbed my digital thermometer. When the timer went off, I checked the temperature of the burgers, and the display read 105. I prefer that meat reach 160F for safety, so I set the timer for an additional four minutes and went about my business. When the timer went off a second time, I checked the temp, and added two more minutes to the cook time. In total, the first set of sliders cooked for nearly 10 minutes (Which is 2.5 times as long as recommended). AFTER I took that set of sliders off and started a new set, I realized that my digital thermometer was set on Celsius rather than Fahrenheit. Needless to say, the second set turned out much better, and I now check the setting of the thermometer before I add more cook time to anything!
The George Foreman Evolve Grill will have various plate sets soon directly through their website. Starting off, there are several different starter set versions of the grill that can be purchased:
1. 2 grill plates + 2 waffle plates
2. 2 grill plates + 1 deep-dish bake plate + 1 mini-burger insert
3. 2 grill plates + 1 deep-dish bake plate + 1 muffin pan insert
Once you have your starter grill, you’ll be able to pick and choose from the ot
her plates that will be offered through our website this year:
• Traditional Grill Plates
• Waffle Plates
• Omelet & Snack Plates
• Deep-Dish Bake Pan
• Shallow Griddle Pan
• Muffin Pan Insert
• Mini-Burger Insert
• Steakhouse Cross-Hatch Top Plate
I really like the George Foreman Evolve Grill. In fact, once I get the waffle plates, the shallow griddle pan, and the muffin pan insert, I will be cleaning out my counter top appliances!
This post was written for Family Review Network & George Foreman Healthy Cooking who provided the complimentary product in exchange for my honest review.