I recently got out my Wilton Chocolate Pro and candy molds to make chocolate bunny lollipops for Mister’s Easter basket. While I had them out, I decided to try my hand at making Chocolate WOWBUTTER Cups.
Hubs and I really like a certain peanut butter cup candy, but are unable to enjoy them very often because of Mister’s allergy. I’m not sure why I’ve never thought to do this before, since we’ve used WOWBUTTER, a peanut butter replacement, for what feels like ever.
After I melted the peanut free chocolate chips (I used a blend of milk chocolate and semi-sweet) , I poured some into each well of the chocolate cup mold. I don’t own a candy brush, so I used my silicone food brushes to paint the chocolate up the sides of the mold. I put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to set. While they were setting, I made the WOWBUTTER filling with .
Then I placed a dollop in each chocolate cup and covered it with more melted chocolate. I put them in the refrigerator again to set.
After I took them out, I enjoyed one before I put the rest in a treat box to share with family.
Oh. My. Yum!
Next time, I will skip the molds and make them in the paper liners.
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup WOWBUTTER
- 1/2 cup powdered (confectioners') sugar
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Melt chocolate chips in Wilton Chocolate Pro.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate in candy mold, and with candy brush, coat sides of cup evenly, leaving a bit of room at the top.
- Place in refrigerator to set.
- In microwave safe bowl, combine WOWBUTTER and butter and heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press about 1/2 -1 teaspoon filling into each chocolate cup.
- Top with about 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate on top of filling; spread to cover.
- Refrigerate until firm, then pop into liners.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- You can skip the molds and make them directly in the liners to save time!
Mister absolutely loved his “not-peanut-butter-cups!”