My friend, Penelope, of Penelope’s Oasis, posts some amazing recipes on her site. So, I was thrilled when she wanted to share a recipe with my readers, as well. After you check out her yummy brownie recipe, below, please be sure to check out her site for more recipes.
Brownies With Fudge and Chocolate Chips
Makes about 20 yummy chocolate chip fudge brownies, and children will love helping out- they can mix the ingredients, spread the fudge topping on, or sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (8 squares)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chip cookies
- Fudge frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir the sugar into the chocolate mix. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each, then stir in the vanilla, and the flour. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake brownies in oven for about 30 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Take brownies out and allow to cool for about 20 minutes, then spread chocolate fudge frosting on top, and cover with chocolate chips.
It’s a great holiday treat! I hope your family has a wonderful holiday season.