As we all know, being “green” or “eco-friendly” is one of the fastest growing trends in America. If you are like me, you like doing things that help sustain the environment. I feel good knowing that my actions make a difference. Whether it’s reducing, reusing, or recycling, it alls adds up.
Bottled Up Designs is a company that specializes in recycled glass jewelry. The jewelry is handmade in Pennsylvania from antique glass and bottles reclaimed from the natural wooded habitats and rural farmlands. Each piece of jewelry is accompanied by a card that has “The Story of the Glass,” which details the history of these beautiful pieces made from broken treasures and includes the approximate age of the glass. Each piece is a way to preserve history, while helping the future.
Reclaim Artist, Laura Bergman, has been an avid glass and bottle collector for years. One of the things that she noticed while collecting, and it bothered her, was that collectors would often take whole bottles but leave broken pieces behind for wildlife to deal with. She often saw deer, fox, and even birds running amongst the broken glass, and even trying to find food in it. Laura believed that even the broken glass held beauty, and decided to start picking it up and try to do something to showcase it’s remarkable beauty and history. This remarkable new line of jewelry springs from the her effort to do just that, help the environment and protect wildlife by removing this hazard.
Laura’s selection of reclaimed glass jewelry is remarkable, indeed. The pieces range from yellow depression glass to cobalt. She even offers ornaments that are made from a mixture of old Pond’s Cold Cream containers and antique dairy bottles.
Laura graciously sent me a pendant from her Yellow Depression Glass collection.
My photos simply do not do this piece justice! It is quite pretty and has etching in the glass that makes it unique.
Here are a few of my favorite listings on her site…
Cobalt Double Hoop Necklace
Blue Willow Petite Pendant
Ruby Sterling Hoop Earrings
I was really kind of surprised with the smoothness of the edges of the pendant that I received. For some reason, i.e. it’s made from broken glass, I expected the edges to be a lot rougher than they are. Laura has obviously perfected her craft and offers beautiful jewelry which promotes eco-sustainability.
And get out your gift boxes, you are going to want to give these to the gals on your list!
Buy it… You can check out all of Laura’s designs at http://www.bottledupdesigns.com
Win it… Laura has graciously offered to give one lucky Lady V dZine reader their choice of any one jewelry piece in her store.
Mandatory entry… Sign up for the Bottled Up Designs e-Newsletter. Newsletter subscription WILL be confirmed by Bottled Up Designs.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- +1- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- +1- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- +1- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- +1- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “#win your choice of jewelry from Bottled Up Designs http://goo.gl/DX67 @ladyvdzine (11/20) #jewelry #ecofriendly #Christmas #giveaway“
- +1- Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and comment back with a link to the share (may be done 1x/day).
- +1- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to StumbleUpon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- +1- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- +5- Blog this contest linking to this post AND Bottled Up Designs– leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to US addresses.. Contest ends at 11:59 a.m. CST on 11/20/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
Bottled Up Designs generously provided me with the aforementioned complimentary product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions express are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.