Disclosure: Balance Bar provided products for this Review & Giveaway. All opinions are my own.
I am so over Winter. Over. It. Here in the Midwest, the weather pattern has much resembled the swing of a pendulum in the last week, with a 70 degree afternoon one day followed by a 28 degree morning the very next day. The ongoing joke around here, which ISN’T funny by the way, is that if you don’t like the weather you should just wait five minutes. Oi vey. I am so ready for Spring, and all that it entails. Yes, even Spring Cleaning!
This year, I am going to celebrate the change in season by starting my spring cleaning in my pantry, thanks to tips for a pantry makeover from dietician Sharon Richter, spokesperson for Balance Bar. It’s time to clean up some of our bad eating habits and introducing some healthier habits – including healthy snacking!
Here are some of Sharon’s tips for cleaning your pantry…
- Empty everything from the pantry. Take it all off the shelves. Make a mess, if necessary, and see what’s hiding in there.
- Throw away everything that has expired or has been open for a while. If you’re not going to use it, get rid of it.
- Organize your pantry by category. Snacks, nuts and dried fruit, cereals, oils/dressings, etc.
- Read. The. Labels. If it contains hydrogenated oil, high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) or MSG, it’s not a good idea to keep it.
- Keep portion controlled snack in the front, within reach, and at eye level. Be sure to stock up on Balance Bars.
If you enjoy a good Twitter party, be sure to join the Balance Bar Twitter Chat where @BalanceBar and @TheRichterReco will be hosting a live, one-hour Twitter chat using the hashtag #SpringIntoBalance on Thursday, March 20at 3:00 PM ET.
In the spirit of Spring Cleaning, Balance Bar partnered with J.R. Watkins, maker of natural cleaning products, to send me a selection of Balance Dark Bars and the J. R. Watkins White Tea & Bamboo All Purpose Cleaner and Hand Soap to help me #SpringIntoBalance. My favorite Balance Dark Bar has got to be the Dark Chocolate Coconut. Oh. My. Yum. The J.R. Watkins White Tea & Bamboo All Purpose Cleaner is delightful to clean with and smells great.
Now they want to send one lucky reader a #SpringIntoAction Gift Pack, as well. Enter below for your chance to win and good luck!
How do you start your Spring Cleaning?
***Please Note- That Bald Chick is not responsible for prize fulfillment.***