I participated in an Influencer Program on behalf of Mom Central for Nutri-Grain. I received product samples and promotional item to thank me for participating.
I am the busy Mom of an almost one year old, a five year old, and a six year old. My days typically have a robust to-do list, and it’s always my aim to have a productive day. I mean, who aims to have an unproductive day, right? As I get older, and as my kids master the art of keeping me on my toes, I’ve learned a few tried and true ways to ensure a productive day.
- Get plenty of sleep- the benefit of a well rested mind is seriously under-rated.
- Make a to-do list and prioritize it. If I don’t prioritize, I end up doing all the time consuming little things that don’t matter and putting off the things that do matter.
- Set SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-based) goals and track your progress on them.
- Exercise- it increases endorphines, which can increase productivity.
- Practice saying no. Too often, I say yes out of fear of letting others down and end up with a ton of stuff in my schedule that just doesn’t contribute to my goals.
There are some days, however, that I rush through my day of teaching homeschool lessons, running errands, and playing referee in the never ending battle of sibling rivalry and suddenly realize that I never ate breakfast. Yowzer! Perhaps it’s the lack of food, and not the lack of coffee, that leaves me feeling sluggish, light headed, and slightly snarky. Okay, a lot snarky. I recently discovered Kellogg’s® Nutri-Grain® Fruit & Oat Harvest Cereal Bars, and they are a great solution for crazy mornings like these.
Chuck one into my purse and off I go! Nutri-Grain® Fruit & Oat Harvest Cereal Bars have 4 grams of protein and combine real fruit and whole grains in a tasty bar to help your “get up and go” attitude keep going. I value being able to sit down and eat breakfast with my little one’s on most mornings, but on those days when my I find myself three steps behind, it is nice to know that there is a delicious alternative to going hungry. The Nutri-Grain® Fruit & Oat Harvest Cereal Bars are available in Country Strawberry and Blueberry Bliss flavors. I prefer the blueberry, while Hubs and the kids prefer the strawberry. There are five bars in each box, and the MSRP is $3.59.
Not to sell myself short, but on days that I miss breakfast, I feel like I barely survived, let alone did anything productive or of significant value. With Nutri-Grain® Fruit & Oat Harvest Cereal Bars in my purse, and in my pantry, those days will hopefully be fewer and farther between.
Speaking of having a productive day… I’m adding eat breakfast to my to-do list. What other tips do YOU have to ensure an active and productive day?
Learn more on the Nutri-Grain Facebook page.