As I mentioned the other day, I’ve been having some digestive issues and have had eliminated dairy and grains from my diet in effort to determine the culprit. Last night, I had an overwhelming craving for ice cream. I finally gave in and ate about a half cup of ice cream on a cone.
I am still sick.
I don’t know if it’s the sugar or the lactose, but one of them has my intestines in knots.
Trouble is, I like ice cream and frozen treats.
So, I decided to try to make my own. A friend told me (on Facebook) that she uses bananas to make “ice cream” by freezing them and them putting them through the food processor. I can do that. I have quite a few bananas in the freezer, since my kids were eating a banana a day, and then suddenly decided to boycott bananas.
I thought I’d start with a banana mango mix, since I had both on hand.
Note to self… slice bananas before freezing them in the future, it’s easier on the food processor!
This banana mango sorbet with almond milk is easy to make and delicious.
- 4 frozen bananas (in chunks or slices)
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (I used vanilla)
- Combine frozen bananas, frozen mango, and one cup almond milk in food processor and process for about two minutes and turn off.
- Using spoon, or spatula, push fruit chunks into the mixture now forming.
- Add remaining half cup almond milk.
- Process another two to five minutes, until desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or place in freezer safe container.
Simple (and easy) to make, and it is beyond delicious!
Do you have a favorite sorbet recipe?