***and the winner is…Tara @ The Shopping Mom***
As you know, Mister is a full fledged Elmo fanatic. We have quite a few Sesame Street films in our home, most of them are of Elmo. I sometimes feel bad for Sister, because she gets stuck watching whatever character Mister likes. So, when I received an opportunity to review Sesame Street’s Abby & Friends- P is for Princess, I was certain that Sister would love it. Finally a movie for her!
About Abby & Friends- P is for Princess
Get ready to be enchanted by everyone’s favorite fairy-in-training, Abby Cadabby, as Warner Home Video (WHV) and Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street, release Abby and Friends: P is for Princess on DVD on August 3, 2010 for a SRP $14.98. This engaging and entertaining DVD features Abby Cadabby and her Sesame Street pals as they embark on several fun-filled adventures with celebrity appearances by Paul Rudd and Natalie Portman!
Abby and Friends: P is for Princess is full of exciting and educational stories for children ages two through five. In the first story, Abby Cadabby and Rosita pretend to be princesses in a faraway land while a misguided prince, played by actor Paul Rudd, tries to rescue them! Other included stories finds Abby Cadabby and Elmo turning their attention to pretending as well as the letter “P” in “Elmo and Abby Pretend,” and “Letter P Game.” P is for Princess also includes a special appearance by Natalie Portman and Elmo practicing pretending. This DVD also includes two bonus episodes of Sesame Street’s ground-breaking new CGI animated series “Abby’s Flying Fairy School”.
Abby and Friends: P is for Princess touches upon many different educational goals with an overarching theme that encourages children to use their imagination while engaging in pretend play. In addition, kids will see Abby and Elmo address problem solving, such as in “The Princess and the Elephant,” in which the Sesame Street friends must generate a solution to a problem. Finally, math skills, such as relational concepts (high, higher, highest/fast, faster, fastest) are supported in the story “Abby and Rosita Play Princess.”
Okay, Sister absolutely loves Abby now. She had seen Abby a few times before, but because Mister likes “MoMo,” she had never really paid much attention to her. But now, she loves the flying fairy school. When I put Abby in for her, she gets all excited and starts to run around and dance. It is absolutely hilarious! Mister is also appeased by the fact that Elmo appears in “Elmo and Abby Pretend” and “Letter P.”
I love that this video encourages pretend play. My kids are finally getting to the age where they engage in pretend play, and I want to encourage it in any way I can.
Buy it… Abby & Friends- P is for Princess is available on Amazon.com as well as local retailers nationwide.
The marketing team for Abby & Friends- P is for Princess would like to give one lucky Lady V dZine reader their own copy of the DVD.
Mandatory Entry… Simply leave a comment telling me who the DVD would be for and who your favorite character is.
***Please note- this must be done before any bonus entries will count***
- 1 entry- Follow me on GFC—right side bar, comment with your user name.
- 1 entry- Like Lady V dZine on Facebook and comment back here with your screen name.
- 1 entry- Subscribe to Lady V dZine by RSS or email and comment back with the e-mail you signed up with (one each)
- 1 entry- Follow Lady V dZine on Twitter AND tweet this contest using @ladyvdzine and @SESAMESTREET and linking back to this post- comment with your tweet status (may be done up to 4x/day, at least 30 minutes apart)
- May use “Enter to #win @SesameStreet Abby & Friends- P is for Princess from @ladyvdzine http://bit.ly/99l2ho (9/28)“
- 1 entry- Visit Sesame Street and comment back telling me something you learned.
- 1 entry- For each current giveaway that you enter- comment with name of giveaway
- 1 entry- For each non-giveaway post that you submit to Stumble Upon *may use the button in the top/bottom of each post to submit- comment back with your Stumble Upon profile and name of the post you submitted.
- 2 entries- Leave a relevant comment on my Costume Discounters review and comment back here to let me know you did.
- 2 entries- For each non-giveaway post that you leave a RELEVANT comment on- comment back with post title or link to post.
- 5 entries- Blog this contest linking to this post- leave 5 comments here with a link to your post
The fine print…
Contest open to the US. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 09/28/2010. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. If no response is received from the winning entrant, a new winner will be selected. Prize will be forfeited and donated to charity if not claimed by primary or alternate winners.
The marketing team for Abby & Friends- P is for Princess provided me a complimentary DVD to facilitate my honest review. No other compensation was received. Opinions expressed are 100% my own and are based on my own experience. Your experience may differ.