February 4, 2016 By Virginia
Need a super cute Valentine to make your loved ones feel special? This Hogs and Kisses Valentine, made with Hershey Kisses, is sure to do just that! The best part is that it is super simple to make!
- Construction Paper- pink and red
- Black Marker
- Glue sticks
- paper tubes (we used toilet paper roll tubes)
- googly eyes
- Hershey Kisses
- Aluminum foil
- Cut strips of paper the width of the tube (ours were 3.5 inches wide) from the pink construction paper.
- Cut 1/4 inch strips of paper to use for the accordion folded arms from the pink construction paper. Accordion fold the strips and set aside.
- Cut small triangles from the pink construction paper.
- Cut 2 inch circles from the pink construction paper.
- Cut heart shapes from the red paper.
- Cut squares of aluminum foil large enough to cover the end of the tube and overlap just a bit.
- Using glue stick, apply glue to one end of paper tube, circling around the tube.
- Set paper tube in the center of an aluminum foil square and fold edges of foil up around the tube, pressing firmly into the glue. *If you want to foil cover both ends, add Hershey Kisses before sealing.
- Apply glue around the the tube and affix the strip of construction paper to the paper tube.
- Write your message on one side of the red heart.
- Apply dabs of glue to the opposite side of the red heart and affix the accordion folded arms to the center.
- Apply glue to opposite end of accordion folded arms and affix to either side of the paper tube.
- Affix googly eyes to one side of the pink circle.
- Using the black marker, draw a pig nose on the pink circle.
- Apply glue to edge of pink triangles and affix to the back side of the pink circle to make the ears.
- Apply a patch of glue to the bottom of the back side of the circle and affix it to the paper tube.
- Fill paper tube with Hershey Kisses (if not done in step 8).
Surprise family, friends, and teachers with this clever treat.
January 18, 2016 By Virginia
My kids love S'mores, so for Valentine's days, I decided to make Smore's Candy Hearts for them for Valentine's Day. They are incredibly easy to make and the resulting smiles are priceless. Here's what you need to make your own... Smore's Candy Hearts Start with... Heart Shaped Candy Mold Light Cocoa Candy Melts (I got mine at Michael's but you can get them at Walmart, as well) Jet Puffed Mallow Bits Golden … Keep Reading →
January 16, 2016 By Virginia
All around the world, people celebrate Martin Luther King Day on the third Monday in January each year. This year it is January 18th. The holiday celebrates the achievements of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. who was a honorable leader and vital figure of the American Civil Rights Movement. He worked hard in promoting racial equality throughout the US, and especially in the southern states. Martin Luther King, Jr., wanted to end … Keep Reading →
January 15, 2016 By Virginia
Need some awesome ideas for Valentine crafts for kids? Here's a few, um... 40, to get your creative juices flowing. DIY Mustache Valentines Craft<--Includes Free Printable! Duct Tape Candle Wraps Whooooo's the Best? DIY State Love Art Valentine Mailbox How to Make the Felt Tissue Pouch DIY Valentine's Crafts for Toddlers<--SO FUN Lollipop Flower Craft Valentine SlimeYour little ones will LOVE this! Loom Valentine … Keep Reading →
January 14, 2016 By Virginia
These You’re The Bomb Valentine treats, made with Rolo Caramels, are sure to result in explosions of laughter and fun! Materials: 3 Packages of Rolo’s Red card stock Glittery gold pipe cleaner Tape Hole punch Scissors Ribbon or string Marker Instructions: Tape your three packages of Rolos together in the shape of TNT, with two rolls in the back and one in the front. Measure and cut out a length of red card stock … Keep Reading →
January 13, 2016 By Virginia
My son love’s word searches, so I’ve started making them myself. Here’s a free printable Valentine Word Search I made and thought I share with you for you and your kidlets. Enjoy! … Keep Reading →
January 12, 2016 By Virginia
Do you have some awesome friends that you'd like to let know how much you appreciate? Or do you just want an excuse to buy a box of Teddy Grahams? Look no further, this I Need S'more Friends Like You Valentine is super cute, super easy, AND it gets you the Teddy Grahams, plus I have the free printable for you to make it an easy treat to make and share. Here's what you need... 1 box of Teddy Grahams 1 bag of mini … Keep Reading →